- Certified Quality Director
- Certified International Professional Negotiator
- Certified International Finance Professional
- 6-SIGMA Certification
- Certified Business Administrator
- Certified International Customer Service Professional
- Certified International Professional in Project Management (CIPPM)
- Certified International Sales Manager (C.I.S.M.)
- Certified Shipping and Freight Forwarding Professional (CSFFP)
Certified International Professional in Project Management (CIPPM)
Qualified project managers are in high demand. Professional Certification list ranks accredited project managers at the top of its in-demand list. Manage projects the smart way with American Certification Institute’s Certified International Professional in Project Management (CIPPM)®.
Project management isn’t just for construction engineers and military logistics experts anymore. Today, in addition to the regular duties of your job, you are often expected to take on extra assignments and to get that additional job done well, done under budget, and done on time. This Course and Certification is not intended to take you from a supervisory or administrative position to that of a project manager. However, the Certified International Professional in Project Management (CIPPM)®Course and Certification will familiarize you with the most common terms and the most current thinking about projects. Certified International Professional in Project Management (CIPPM)® is an important globally recognized credential in the field of Project Management. Passing the exam and obtaining the CIPPM credential will demonstrate your commitment to project management excellence.
The Certified International Professional in Project Management (CIPPM) certificate is an intermediate level certification in the field of Project Management Framework, The CIPPM certificate demonstrates that the candidate has a required knowledge in the field of Project Management confining to the first level of project management, candidate who have little or no knowledge of project management can also appear for the CIPPM certification.
This project management course covers the activities in each of the 5 processes of Project Management (PM), namely Initializing, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Closing. You will learn how to:
1. Clearly define scope, and manage changes to it.
2. Develop a realistic schedule which meets the project owner’s constraints.
3. Prepare a plan, understand its purpose and why it comprises more than just a schedule.
4. Identify the project’s quality objectives and implement appropriate controls to ensure they are achieved.
5. Develop status reports which reflect reality.
6. Identify and continually manage risks which could de-rail your project.
7. Manage stakeholders to ensure they remain committed to and involved with the project.
8. Control external groups on which the project is dependent.
9. Ensure they obtain the appropriate resources for the project which will raise confidence in achieving the goals.
10. Build effective teams which are committed to the project goals.
11. Evaluate performance of the team.
12. Estimate and control project budgets.
Certification is valid for:
· 5 years for those seeking accreditation for the first time.
As well as providing a sound grounding in Project Management principles, this project management certificate ensures that participants have enough knowledge on how to be effective Project Managers behave adopt these models on their projects.
This project management course covers the following topics:
· Project Framework
· Project Management concepts.
· Selection of projects.
· Business cases.
· Project approvals.
· Overall Project Plan.
· Integrated change control.
· Executing the plan.
· Work allocation.
· Project closure.
· A brief review of tools which can be used to assist in running projects
· Scheduling, risk, change and issue management and new developments.
· Gathering project requirements.
· Defining and verifying scope.
· Using Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
· Controlling changes to scope.
· Defining and sequencing project activities (using the WBS and network diagrams).
· Estimating effort.
· Three point estimates.
· Schedule development and control.
· Critical path.
· Fast tracking.
· Deriving budgets and monitoring performance against them.
· Earned value analysis.
· Identifying and managing risk and opportunities.
· How we manage customer satisfaction by ensuring quality of deliverables – quality planning, quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC).
· Planning for, selecting and sourcing supply of goods and services from external vendors.
· Contract administration issues.
Human Resource Management
· Project Management competency model.
· Training issues.
· Performance agreements.
· Project organization models.
· Project staffing plans.
· Stakeholder management.
· Status reporting.
· Information dissemination, both within team and outside to stakeholders.
· Correcting variances to plan.
· Lessons learned reporting.
· A brief guide to the major professional responsibilities of a project manager in the workplace and the ethical conflicts that can arise from this role.
Certified International Professional in Project Management(CIPPM)® is designed for those who are a part of a project team either on a full time or part time basis and whose projects involve the need for more formal approaches. This includes projects in which there are significant external dependencies to be controlled. This certification is a must have for Managers, project team members, students at a graduate or under graduate level and/or enter level practitioners as well as anyone who wants to express interest in project management as a career option.
This certificate makes references to the features of planning tools such as Microsoft Project but it does not validate participant’s knowledge on how to use it. The material covered in the course outlines the process for collecting the data to drive such specialized project management tools.
Recognition Based on this Certificate
Students may consider the Certified International Professional in Project Management (CIPPM)® professional accreditation from the ACI (American Certification Institute) (generally more common in traditional project management industries construction, engineering, etc.) If:
· They meet similar recognition of prior learning requirements using workplace projects
· And they satisfy additional formal assessment requirements through ACI (additional certification costs apply, see ACI for details).
Recommended Course Reading
Project Management Examination Preparatory course is highly recommended for students who wish to undertake the CIPPM® Examination. No specific pre-course reading is required. However, most of the examination questions and scenarioshave been adopted from the book “Project Management Examination Preparation Guide – Volume 1” published by the Blue Ocean Academy. The content of this book has also been used by the basis of preparation towards this examination. You will be provided with your own copy of the Examination Guide at your course, for you to keep.